What is the R.U.O.K Program?
“Are you Okay?” (R.U.O.K.)
It’s a Computer Based Telephone Call to you every day at a specified time. You decide what is the best time to reach you.
Sponsored by SCW Posse, in conjunction with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office. There is no cost to you. It’s FREE!
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
- If you live alone or have medical problems, you have the peace of mind knowing that you will be checked on every day at a time specified by you – even twice daily if you like.
- If you are ill or injured & unable to answer the phone, the system will try to contact your designated emergency contact or key-holder.
- If necessary a MCSO Deputy will be dispatched to check on your welfare & if needed, medical assistance will be sent.
- You will be asked to designate two key-holders – friends or neighbors in the the immediate area who can provide access to your home. It will also help if you have a key lock box on your home.
- If you will be unavailable for your daily phone call, please notify 602-876-4123 and leave your name, phone number and days that you will not be available.
JOINING IS SIMPLE
Call the SCW Posse and leave a message for a coordinator. They will contact you & set up an appointment to fill out an application, which consists of:
Your name, Phone number, Emergency contacts, Key Holders, Physician (M.D. or D.O.), Physical impairments (if any)
YOUR INFORMATION IS CONFIDENTIAL & IS NOT GIVEN OUT TO ANYONE.
IT IS USED FOR THE EXPRESS PURPOSE OF THE R.U.O.K. PROGRAM.
CALL THE SCW POSSE AT 623-584-5808 FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND