What is the WAY Program?
Where Are You?
Helping us to locate your wandering loved one.
This program started in 2012 with a grant from the community fund and has been designed to assist in the recovery of Alzheimer and Dementia residents who may wander away from their homes.
It provides a small GPS transmitter which enables a spouse (or caregiver) and, if requested, the SCW Posse to locate the person via computer – ANYWHERE.
- The person must wear the GPS unit
- It is round, flat and about 2” in diameter
- Made of a very strong plastic.
- It must also be charged every 3-5 days
Applying is easy:
- Call for an appointment – 623-584-5808
- Fill out an application form
- Sign a liability form
- A picture (which we take) to assist patrol personnel in a search
- $100 check, which is a refundable deposit, made out to Sun City West Sheriff’s Posse
This information is CONFIDENTIAL. It is used only for the express purpose of the W.A.Y. Program