ANOTHER SCAM IN SUN CITY WEST
That alarm system sign in your yard or window could be a two-edged sword.
As many of you know there are scammers circulating throughout Sun City West and upon seeing that alarm system sign they are insisting upon entering your home in the pretense of checking your alarm system.
As in the video and in other media resources there are ways to determine if they are really from the alarm companies they say they represent.
- If you are alone or feel uncomfortable when the door bell rings… DON’T ANSWER THE DOOR!
- Ask for an ID if you do answer the door. Take a moment and ask for a business card. Anything with their name and phone number.
- If that doesn’t satisfy you then call the company that you have your current alarm system with.
- Be alert to things they say that might be the truth and things you know are the truth. Don’t give up information they can use to trick you.
- Mostly what they want is for you to sign a legal and binding contract.
This could be for a new alarm system or repair your current system.
- Once they get that contract you may never see them again and you will owe an outlandish bill for something you didn’t need.
A contract may not be the only reason they want inside your residence.
- They could disable the system and return when you least expect them.
- They could look around to see how the house is laid out and what you have they may want.
At anytime you feel threatened by anyone at your door… CLOSE THE DOOR and CALL 9-1-1.
Get as much of a description of that person, and their method of transportation as you can. BE A GOOD WITNESS!
BE PROACTIVE… IT IS YOUR SAFETY THAT MATTERS!