For more medical organization links go to the LINKS section on this SCW Posse site
Closures extended through May 3
Press Release 3/23/20
The Recreation Centers of Sun City West today announces the facility closures enacted earlier this month to protect against the spread of coronavirus will remain in effect until Sunday, May 3. The Rec Centers Pandemic Task Force and key staff are meeting regularly and will reevaluate that closure date as the situation across the state unfolds.
Through at least May 3, all recreation centers, the bowling center, library and other facilities with the exception of golf will remain closed. Golf courses are open with certain restrictions to ensure social distancing. This includes limiting time in the pro shop; golfers are encouraged to put money on their accounts so they can pay over the phone or with minimal interaction at the pro shop counter.
Other restrictions at the golf courses are listed below. “We understand these new virus protection measures in golf are not popular, but we are asking for our members’ cooperation. These changes are consistent with the USGA and other golf courses,” said General Manager Bill Schwind. “Anyone caught removing the cup inserts or otherwise removing our protections will have their golf privileges suspended.”
A skeleton crew is working in administration as of now, although that may change depending on what restrictions Gov. Doug Ducey may put in place. Member Services is available from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. weekdays to take dues payments over the phone, and to enter those payments coming in by mail. There is also a mailbox drop outside the main gates in front of Member Services.
Member dues are not refundable and not optional, per the agreement each homeowner signs when buying a home in Sun City West. Dues go toward maintaining and operating the facilities, and are not a guarantee of facility availability. The Rec Centers will reopen the facilities as soon as it is feasible without jeopardizing resident safety.
Members are asked not to call Member Services with generic questions as staff is very limited and the reception desk as well as other departments are closed and unstaffed at this time. New owners who have questions may call Member Services at 623-544-6100 during the hours above.
The Rec Centers is working closely with Arizona Fire and Medical Authority, as well as taking guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Arizona Department of Health Services to provide updates. Information can be found online at suncitywest.com/covid19 and by following the Recreation Centers of Sun City West on all their social media:
- Facebook: Recreation Centers of Sun City West
- Twitter: @rcscw
- Instagram: @suncitywest_az
Updates also are being shared on Sun City West radio station KSCW 103.1 FM.
Additional measures that have been taken at the golf courses:
- The Crooked Putter and concessions at the other pro shops have been closed.
- PVC sleeves have been placed in the cups so balls will not drop and can be removed with little to no contact with the cups.
- Flag sticks are to remain untouched.
- Bunker rakes have been removed; staff will rake bunkers each morning as part of daily course set up.
- Divot mix scoops have been removed; golfers should fill their own containers before going out.
- All ball and club washers have been removed from service.
- All Association carts are cleaned and sanitized between users.
- Cart policies have been modified and golfers are now encouraged to ride one to a cart.
- Tables and chairs have been removed to discourage congregating; no congregating is allowed on the patio or clubhouse areas.
- Shotguns, tournaments, group putting and special events have been eliminated until further notice.
Until further notice, all tee times will now be made online or via phone. To book a tee time online, please visit suncitywest.com and click “Golf” at the very top of the page. On the next page hit the “Reservation” button, which will take you to the golf reservation page. This page goes over all the tee time reservation policies, as well as provides a link to the online reservation portal. (If you have not used the member portal before, you will need your rec card number and email address to set up an account.)
To book a tee time through the phone, call the pro shop at the golf course where you wish to play:
Deer Valley: 623-544-6016
Trail Ridge: 623-544-6015
Desert Trails: 623-544-6017
Echo Mesa: 623-544-6014
Contact: Katy O’Grady Recreation Centers of Sun City West
Phone: (623) 544-6027 Fax: (623) 544-6050 19803 R. H. Johnson Blvd. Sun City West, AZ 85375
www.suncitywest.com www.facebook.com/suncitywest email@example.com